Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Number Crunching

ZERO=>number of times I went out to eat today!! yay! (I think that's the first day in a LONG time!)
ONE=>number of "household chores" I accomplished today (ran the dishwasher...didn't put the dishes away though!)
TWO=>number of days I have before I go back to work
THREE=>number of hours I slept on the couch this afternoon (not including the time I just SAT on the couch, or LAID on the couch!)
FOUR=>number of places I entered besides home (work, grocery store, Curves, church)
FIVE or SIX=>number of times I talked to my mom either by phone or email! I love my mom!! SEVEN=>number of days in a row I have been at work (four work days, two meeting days, one memorial service)
EIGHT=>number of bills that sit on my table waiting to be paid (pay day is a week from tomorrow!)
NINE=>number of pounds I need to lose (at least!). I weighed myself this morning at Curves and it was NOT good news (any chance all that eating out is one of the reasons for that?!)
TEN=>number of hours I'm planning to be in bed tonight (at least!)
NOT SURE=>number of times I found myself close to tears for one reason or another
TOO MANY TO COUNT=>number of times I stopped to pray today for various people who are hurting; that also is the number of minutes I spent reading blogs today...often times, I prayed while I read if that makes a good difference!

That really didn't turn out the way I wanted...the main thing I was thinking about today was the fact that I have been at work the past seven days (maybe trying to make up for the six days I was on vacation!). I'm wondering, though, if it is strange that I'm not really bothered by that. Of course, I was pretty tired today after staying up late and making the decision I needed to attend the staff meeting (no one else attends staff meetings on their days off) which is why I slept most of the afternoon. I really feel like I would go to work every day (not to work 12 hour shifts of course!) if I was needed. I suppose that is the luxury of being single with no kids. I could stop doing a lot of things if it meant being able to be of assistance to someone.

The little girl on my "A team" I wrote about earlier this week had to return to the intensive care unit yesterday. She spent less than 48 hours out of that unit, but I think that time was a blessing for her family, even though home is where they want to be. I know that the time I spent with her on Tuesday afternoon was enjoyable for me! :o) She is SO adorable and it is really sad to see her not feeling well (that's why I prefer "my" kids on the general floor when they are on the road to recovery...sick kids are sad!). One of the things I am praying for is comfort for her, and for her entire family, during this time.

Interesting post...I taped the new show "quarterlife", but didn't watch it yet. I think it has a "blogging" component to it, so I'm interested to see that.

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails