Parents, that is!
I am SO lucky to have such wonderful parents. They have been married for over 30 years and still enjoy spending lots of time together. They also still enjoy spending time with me! I eat dinner at their house 60-75% of the time. (The story I am sticking to on that, though, is that they ALWAYS make enough for at least three people, and they don't eat leftovers! Either I eat it, or the garbage gets it!). This also saves me a bit of money at the grocery store, which makes me wonder even more "what happened?"...
Where did all my money go? I have never really kept a "budget", because I felt like I had my own little "internal" budget that had been fairly accurate. I know enough not to buy expensive clothes or shoes or "accessories". I'm not a very good shopper because I never really think I "need" anything, so it is kind of pointless. Most of my vacations have been to places I didn't need to get a hotel or rental car. I don't spend my money going to the bars or even to the movies...I actually hardly EVER go out (and, most of my meals are paid for by my parents!). My car is paid off...
And yet, the paycheck I got today was barely enough to cover my mortgage. I have at least five more bills that are due before I get paid again. How did this happen?! I don't think my internal money monitor has any screws loose! I don't really think I have been going "overboard" on my spending...I can't even remember the last time I went "shopping" besides the grocery store (I suppose I will admit that I enjoy buying things at the grocery store, but I DO eat the stuff I buy!). Tonight, my dad asked when we were going to go to the horse races again. I told him it seems I can't afford to go anywhere right now. (I already feel like a hermit a lot of the time, and now I am confined to my house for financial reasons...argh!).
As I was telling my dad my financial woes, what did he do? He pulled out his checkbook and wrote me a check (I actually DID say something to the effect that if I didn't win the raffle at the fundraiser I am attending tomorrow, I was going to have to ask for a loan...so it wasn't completely spur-of-the-moment, but still VERY generous!). What a relief, and yet, a little deflating...I WANT to be independent, I WANT to be able to take care of myself, I WANT to be able to take care of someone else...but, I still NEED my parents.
Thank God He gave me THE BEST ones!
______________________
Work was fine...only a little crazy. My "little friend" is critically ill. That makes my heart very sad. She has wonderful parents too. I love working with wonderful parents. That is what helps me through the times when the parents are not so great. I pray for them tonight. It is late, but I am sure they are still awake, praying for God to protect their little one, to lay His healing hands on her, as He has many times before. Praying also for insight on what I can do to help them.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment