Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Liking this

I figured out today, that once again, I am having quite the stretch of days off...working two out of twelve days to be exact. Now, if only I could have focused on that last week in the midst of my crabbiness (especially since, if I recall correctly, that stretch of "working days" followed a time when I worked one day out of ten!). Anyway, I think I'm making the most of my "break".

Yesterday, I stayed in bed until almost 10:00 before I decided to get up, throw some ingredients in the crockpot to make a yummy soup, and head to Curves . It was my second time to work out this week, the second in the past month. I'm determined to get on a good schedule! I helped a friend paint a room in her new house. I think I'll go help again tomorrow. I also helped at the Christmas party at the hospital. I had never been and we had a GREAT turnout! I think nearly 30 kids were able to attend. My friend's son didn't get to come down for it, but she and her husband at least were able to get some pizza! After that, I went to choir practice and was forced to stretch my limit because we were short on sopranos (three of us were there, NONE of us strong voices). I am a "choir singer" and mostly go for fun--I CANNOT carry a section, although during one song, I actually think I did pretty well considering!

Today, I went to coffee with a good friend. She is the one who "set me up" with the guy I had a date with two weeks ago. She agreed with the folks who have told me I should call him. I haven't yet. My mom was doing a stem-cell donation for research which is a 4-hour process in which you have no use of either hand/arm, so I spent about an hour with her, visiting and itching her nose for her. Then, I went to lunch with my dad at a place that does simulcast horse races. We LOVE betting the horses! Unfortunately, we never cashed a ticket, but we did have good food and a fun time. My mom came over and had a late lunch after her donation (the yummy soup from yesterday!). I read more of my book and took a nap. I worked on a project I am in charge of for one of my committees as well as some Christmas presents. I'm listening to Christmas music and loving it!

So, two more days off until I go back to work. Hopefully I can continue to stay productive. My living room and bedroom are still quite a mess and I was hoping to get my carpets cleaned sometime in the next week or two. My sister and brother-in-law close on their house tomorrow--VERY exciting! I'm off to do more reading...this is a VERY good book!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails