I guess that pretty much sums it up. Last night I was up until nearly 2:00 after staying at the hospital visiting until almost midnight. I called and apologized for staying so late, but she assured me that it was okay since she had to be awake until 2 anyway. (So, I'll take that, and not feel badly about it anymore!). I didn't end up finishing my book, but plan on doing that tonight.
I went and worked out for the fourth time this month (more than I went all last month, maybe even more than the past two months combined!). From today's weight, I need to lose at least 15 pounds just to be close to the weight I should be. I'm not sure if I have enough will power right now to eat healthy, but at least I can make working out part of my routine! Of course it doesn't help that my period decided to come twice this month (must be making up for the months I went without it earlier this year!) and it is the holiday season with yummy foods all around.
I came home to some guys working in my front yard. When I "checked it out", I discovered they were installing a railing for my front steps. That brought a wave of emotions which led me to tears. First I was touched that my parents would do that, then upset that I had no input, then worried about how I was going to pay for it, then trying to be grateful for their thoughtfulness, then...oh I was a mess! Unfortunately, my mom received the brunt of my emotions, made worse by the fact that I must have misunderstood her as she said "you have to pay for it" (not what she meant, I guess). She and my dad just thought this was the coolest gift and while I AM thankful and blessed that they cared so much to buy something that to them it seemed a necessity and they knew it was not in my budget. I'm still kind of upset about it, because I don't really like the way it looks. I guess I'll just have to get used to it...I rarely use the front steps anyway.
I nearly missed my friend's son's birthday party because the hospital never told me a time. He wasn't in a mood to party--still in a lot of pain, vomiting, fatigued...not a good deal at all. My friend didn't get that great of news from the doctors on rounds. I'm praying the doctor was just giving her "worst case scenario" just so she doesn't get blindsided. I am so sad for her and her family. They knew this journey could be full of bumps and struggles, but that doesn't make the hardships any easier to handle.
I worked on Christmas presents, ran the dishwasher, did two loads of laundry, and did a tiny bit of "de-cluttering" around the house.
So, it was "a day"...a pretty emotional one I would say best describes it. A couple of good things, some sad stuff. Tomorrow is another day. Gotta hope and pray for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment