However, once again I was given a surprise. God seems to know what I need and has been "coming through" for me a lot lately. I considered getting up and working out before going to help my sister paint. However, when the alarm rang at 8:30 I decided that wasn't happening and I'd stay in bed until 10. My friend called me just before 10 to see if she could come do laundry at my house. I thought that would be a great way to spend my morning--visiting with her and her daughters. She threw in a load of wash and went back to the hospital to talk to her son's doctors. I had a nice visit with her older daughter while the younger one played with my old Barbies in the basement. When my friend came back, she was SO happy and felt SO blessed by the words of the doctors. They said very kind things that just blessed her heart, which was much needed. The current "plan" is that once her son is stable, they will be able to take him home to finish treatment/recovery instead of having to stay here. This was such a blessing to her...a Christmas blessing. Oh, how MY heart is happy when my friends are happy! I DID have to leave to go help my mom and sister, but gave her the BIGGEST hugs possible before she left (maybe even making up for the hug I was so sad about missing out on last week!). Having great friends, a terrific family, AND belief in God makes a HUGE difference!
I have just returned from Midnight Mass (I had to stop my journaling "mid-post" to go). It was SO wonderful to be in the presence of other faith-filled people (I needed that after my initial thoughts of Christmas this year). The priest echoed the reminder that Jesus is the greatest Christmas gift, but also that Christmas is for family and friends to spend time together. I was blessed to be able to do both of those today. I do remember those who are spending Christmas without their loved ones, and for the 30+ kids who are spending Christmas in my hospital. I will be there "tomorrow" (in 5 1/2 hours actually) to hopefully bring some Christmas cheer :o)
The mom of the patient I have previously journaled about loves the group Third Day. Because of that, I have made a habit that whenever I hear one of their songs on the radio, I stop and say a prayer for her and her family. More than once (at least three times that I can remember), the radio played two of their songs in less than 10 minutes as I lay in bed listening to the radio to fall asleep (as I said, God loves to mess with me!). Of course, the radio has been playing Christmas songs 24 hours a day for the past month, so I'll have to see if I recognize any of their other songs once they stop playing Christmas music! This is one of my favorites. It is called "Manger Throne" .
What kind of King would leave His throne
In Heaven to make this earth His home?
While men seek fame and great renown
In loneliness our King comes down
Jesus, Jesus, precious One
How we thank You that You've come
Jesus, Jesus, precious One
A manger throne for God’s own Son
You left the sound of angels' praise
To come for men with unkind ways
And by this Baby's helplessness
The power of nations is laid to rest
What kind of King would come so small
From glory to a humble stall?
That dirty manger is my heart, too
I'll make it a royal throne for You
My heart is a throne
My heart is a throne for God's own Sons.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment