Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Life in (Cell Phone) Pictures

I know I need to do a real update about the work situation, but it's been a while since I wrote anything here, so wanted to check in :) I uploaded some pictures from my cell phone to my computer, so thought that would be a fun update.


I've been trying to clean/organize to get ready for the party I was having today/for future foster placements. I found this note and picture from Sara/Gitzen Girl. I miss her...forever and always a "Gitzen Girl Groupie"...



I bought some boots that appear to be at least close to the "trend" as well as a pair of "skinny jeans". My mom gave me the green jacket as well as the striped shirt, so I believe I sent these pictures to her (and maybe to twitter). I know I'm by no means "skinny", but looking back at older pictures during my cleaning make me believe I really did lose nearly 10 pounds last year






I painted one wall in my bedroom when I first moved into this house "beach ball yellow". I tried doing a sponge paint thing but didn't do it right, so it just looked like I got it wet and messed up the paint. However, it took me over eight years to fix it. I bought new bedding on sale (still expensive, but SO comfy!) and painted the walls gray. I really like it!


My mom gave me a gr0up0n for shellac before Christmas. I have done it three times since then and I really like it. I've been a nail biter forever, but can't with this. Now I have nails AND the manicure stayed nice even through the painting project and cleaning/organizing.


I got this really great canvas in the mail from a twitter/blog friend. I hung it in my new gray bedroom on  a nail that was already there but it will probably be moved since it's kind of hidden. (This picture was taken in my kitchen...the wall colors in there are "Bordeaux".)


This purple room is where the little one slept, even though it was/is mostly a junk room. I have done a lot of work in here, but there is still a lot more to do to make it a functional room. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it as a bedroom again since I was really lucky she never got into anything she wasn't supposed to!

I moved the table to that space (after I cleared it off and removed the stickers...gotta love goo gone!) There used to be an armoire there, but I moved it into the purple room for now since I thought my bedroom seemed too cluttered with it in there.


All week, they were predicting a big snow for today. I went to the store last night and quickly snapped this picture. There were no bananas and very few fruits/vegetables of any kind, but I did get what I needed.



It really did snow and it was a wet and heavy snow that was perfect for snowmen making, but not-so-much for shoveling. It cleared off quickly and the plows came through early, so I didn't have to cancel my party.



I sent out seven invitations to people from church. One couple emailed me soon after they got the invite that they and their two kids would not be able to come. Another person emailed me last night that she had a funeral to go to so couldn't make it. I wasn't sure what would happen with the snow, but everyone lives close and were all excited to get out of the house since it wasn't too bad. There ended up being 9 adults (including me) and 10 kids aged 6 and under. I made Taco Soup (I'll have to post the recipe next time) which was a huge hit and ordered some pizzas. The kids played in my play room and did more playing than eating, so I have quite a bit of pizza left. I wasn't sure how it was all going to work and thought maybe the dads would watch TV in the living room or something and the moms would be down with the kids or a mix of both...I didn't have any plans bedsides the food and getting a craft for the kids to do in case they got bored.

As it turned out, the three dads who could come went downstairs and visited while the kids played. The  kids migrated upstairs as they got hungry and then went back to play. They played with the Barbies, babies, kitchen, paint, markers, pretty much everything in my apparently well-stocked play room :) I was surprised to see how clean it was when they left (these are "after" pictures!) It was so great having something social to do and I think everyone had a good time. One of the moms I invited had never met the others, so I'm glad I was able to include her and her two girls had a fun time with the other kids (there were 7 girls and 3 boys...I need to "get" a little girl to fit right in...sad that I had a little girl who would have and we never got together the whole time she lived with me!)

Well, this is a lot longer of an update than I planned, but that's what's been going on in my life that has been "picture worthy". Tomorrow I am off and get to go have a pedicure with my mom and sister :)
Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails