Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, February 27, 2012

Zoo Trip

I got an unexpected day off work (I was either going to be "on call" or choose to be off and seeing as one patient's mom requested me not be her child's nurse and my other patient got sick and went to the ICU overnight, I figured it was a good day to take off).

So, I made the most of it (which I admit I don't always do!)

My sister is trying to get her baby to come out, so has been walking and walking. It was nice, so she picked me up and we went to the Zoo. Here are some fun pictures from our trip:

 Chasing a Meerkat
 Eating a peanut butter sandwich
 Driving a truck

Our dad delivers mail Downtown and the zoo isn't too far from there. So, we met up with him for lunch which was an added bonus.

The teen is here staying the night. That is a post all of it's own, but I'm so thankful she is here.

Today was a great day off :) I'm off tomorrow too, but have two meetings and two appointments (otherwise I think the teen would come by after school and stay another night).

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails