Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

While I am (very) sad that there will be no Valentine's wishes to/from the girls today, I did get to celebrate this "day of love" with my mom, sister, and nephew at lunch. I'm also going to go watch my dad's last basketball game tonight and hear that he, my mom, and I will be "hitting the bar" after that (hopefully they win!) I got pre-10 AM texts from both my mom and sister wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day and got a phone call from my foster mom friend. I made an appointment to see my therapist tomorrow night. So, it's a day to "choose love" and be thankful for all the love I am blessed with in this life.

I brought a "craft" for my nephew to do while we waited for our food. He did a good job and we had fun :) I hope your day is filled with people you love too...and also feeling the love in your heart of those who you are missing today.









Update: I got a message from the teen this afternoon (sent from her email account). She wrote "Well, I do know what my mom told you, but I just find it hard to tell you that and it not be in person" in response to her mom saying we cannot communicate and her telling me that she wants to live with me. All I could do was tell her that we aren't supposed to be talking and I could get in a lot of trouble if her mom is that upset and also suggest she talk to someone else like one of her teachers...and that I love her. I called my caseworker and she said there isn't anything else I can do, but continue to encourage her to talk to someone else and support her through this the best I can while respecting her mom's decision that we not communicate. This is so hard...and I know she is hurting too which makes it even worse.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails