Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Farewell to a Facebook Fix

Well, it seems I will no longer be able to get my "Facebook Fix" while I am at work. What a bummer! Some days, you just need that "down time" (although, I spent "chunks" of each hour on facebook during a shift last week...that may have been a bit much!) We have gotten notices before that computers are only to be used for work-related things while at work. Pretty much everyone, myself included, ignored them. However, when I received an email today with the words "being tracked" and "immediately terminated"...something tells me that I should get whatever "Facebook Fix" I need while I am not on the clock or else I may not have a job to clock into. I am CERTAIN there will be people that continue to use Facebook while at work, so I need to find something else to do to fill any "extra time" I have. (Too bad "power naps" wouldn't be an acceptable alternative) We actually aren't supposed to even check our personal email or check any other sites, but I may ask my brother-in-law if there is a "safe" way to get around that ;o)

It is nearing midnight and I can't believe I didn't "crash" way before now! I was really tired all day, but got a sort of "second wind" when I got home from dinner at my parents' house. That beng said/written, I think that is it for this post. I have lots of stuff I need to do tomorrow...some fun, some not-so-much. I'm very happy that I don't go back to work until Wednesday...tomorrow I am DEFINITELY sleeping in!

Good night.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

We aren't allowed to use Facebook or Myspace at work either. The reason they gave us was that those websites were taking up too much of the bandwidth (?) that we use for our jobs here. One girl who was working here was on myspace ALL DAY long and it was slowing everything else down for several other people... but I don't know if there is any truth in that. I do, however, have a way to access FB while I am at work. From my cell phone! I have a blackberry, with web access so I can just log onto the FB website from my cell instead and I get all the same info as I would if I was on a computer. Wait, maybe this is not good to tell, I don't want to be a bad influence on you! ;-)

Laurie said...

Hmph! Facebook is totally blocked at my hospital. Thank GOD for my I-phone!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails