Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Follow Up

So...I know I don't have one of "those blogs" where people kind of "freak out" if you don't post for a day or two. It used to freak ME out if I didn't post every day, but recently, I have decided that it is okay not to write if I don't feel like it :o) That being said, though, I figured I "owed" a "follow up" to my last post, even though I really feel like going to bed and sleeping for a LONG time!

Anyway...my previous post was "short and sweet" because I knew I needed to go to bed and that if I started typing what was going on in my head and heart I would NEVER go to bed, and would have a hard time falling asleep when I was done. "Just Pray" just seemed to sum up what was going on/needed. Of course, it is good for ANY day, but OTHER days I find more words to type ;o) (note, I did NOT say that other days I have something to say...ha ha!)

Kristy had her appointment yesterday morning and got a PERFECT report for her baby! SUCH great news (today they were painting the nursery pink...the first time after four boys!) SO much fun :o)

Stellan is still in the hospital and continues to struggle with his heart issues.

My friend's son is doing a little better with his pain. My "A" girl is back at home. My little patient from this post is making little bits of progress, and sat up in a wheelchair for about 2 hours today when family came to visit. Even though the "health care professional" prognosis is not good and the available treatment likely will not "cure" this patient, creating special memories during this time they do have is SO important. If I have learned ONE THING from my friends who have lost babies, it is that moments matter, minutes matter, and those memories will be treasured forever...

As a little side note, at the beginning of Lent, I also subscribed to something called "Minute Meditations". I get a daily email and they are short, and usually pretty meaningful. Today's, though, was "extra appropriate" for this week. The title was "Drought Relief" with this "thought"--"Faith, hope and friends offer us water even in times of drought--especially then. They are in those times God's very face." Oh how thankful I am for my friends who offer me water whenever I need it...so "refreshing"...ha ha (sorry, there probably is a MUCH better way to phrase that "pun" but that's all I got!) Yesterday's, too, was appropriate "Whether you are in a time of suffering or joy, interior war or peace, feeling weak or courageous--your thirst and God are with you."...nice :o)

I slept in my own bed last night and it was SO hard to get up this morning! I am determined to not turn my heat back on even though it is really cold in my house. So, I heated up my bedroom with a space heater so my bed was NICE and toasty and cozy :o) I worked again today and both yesterday and today were really good. Yesterday seemed to be "Compliment Amanda Day" which, I will admit, felt downright fabulous!

Well, I'm ready to hit the hay (oh, speaking of "hay"...funny kid story--one of our patients is four years old. Yesterday, the Child Life specialist went to see him. He called to her "Hey". She said "Remember, my name is Jane." He responded with "Well, can I call you 'hey'?" She said, "No, my name is Jane, so you should call me 'Jane'."--so cute!)...

Nikki, I am not ignoring the award you gave me...that was SO sweet! And, from that award, I learned from Juls that I was making this linking thing WAY more complicated than it needed to be (seriously, I ALWAYS went into "edit html" mode and typed in the whole deal "a href=" and all...SERIOUSLY!) Lisa, I am also not ignoring your email...thanks for contributing to "Compliment Amanda Day Week" :o) Ginger...thought you needed a "shout out" too...too bad the Panthers couldn't pull it out tonight, but I think that may have been a "sign"...we'll have to talk :o) Oh, and to my friend in our Nation's Capitol...hope your party goes well ;o)

Ok, so I probably shouldn't have done that many "shout outs" and NOT do them for everyone, however, this was supposed to be a "follow up" post and it has taken me 45 minutes to write this much. I'm freezing on my couch and my warm bedroom is waiting for me. So, ta-ta for now.

Good night.

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

Just so you know, I would totally freak out if you didn't blog anymore!! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails