Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, January 4, 2009

SOME day...

Yes, SOME day I will send "Christmas Cards". SOME day, I will write my thank you notes. SOME day, I will actually finish my "end of 2008" post. THAT day, however, was NOT today!

Even though I slept really well, I dragged through most of the day. I went to church and then had breakfast with my mom. I did get my agenda sent for the meeting this week which was something that HAD to get done today. I went with my dad to his girls' basketball game to keep score. It was pretty fun even though they got beat pretty badly (it's usually entertaining watching 7th grade girls play basketball, especially when they are playing for my dad because he is SO fun and the girls at least TRY to play well even if they are not good basketball players!)

I actually didn't go to the hospital today to visit my friend. I didn't really think she needed to be subjected to my apparent "funk", but it was still a hard decision to make. Thankfully, though, I didn't really HAVE to make a decision because her phone was turned off when I called from the store to see if she needed anything.

I did end up talking to her, and to another friend, on the phone for a while which definitely helped bring me out of whatever was "ailing me" earlier in the day :o)

It's only 9:00, but I'm thinking about getting into bed with a book and go to sleep earlier than usual. Back to work tomorrow.

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails