Without further adieu, this book, this amazing book I have been reading is called The Shack ,written by William P. Young. The "tag line" is "Where tragedy confronts eternity."
The story begins with a man who is grieving the tragic loss of his daughter. He is very angry, especially with God, and his relationship with God is very strained. He receives a note from God inviting him to a place he never wanted to see again. What unfolds is a story that changes his life, and changed me, right along with him. There are many questions answered about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and our relationship with each of them. There are questions about relationships with each other. Discussions about trust, forgiveness, hope, friendship. Some parts made me laugh out loud, others brought me to tears (as I wrote yesterday about holding back the sobbing while I was in the coffee shop). I'm sure I could read it again and find things I missed the first time. I often found myself thinking "hmm, I never thought about it THAT way, but it makes SO much more sense!"
There were many, many "takeaway quotes", but this is one that I wrote down while I was at the coffee shop yesterday. It is on page 185. "Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." Each of the chapters begins with an inspirational quote. The one that begins Chapter 16 is "An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one he gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others." ~A.W.Tozer
Amazing story. I think everyone should read this book :o) I suppose I could have just written two sentences for my "book review" but hopefully the rest of my words are also convincing :o)

______________________________________________________
Finishing the book was my one goal of the day, so at least I did that :o) I also vacuumed my bedroom and washed my sheets. Oh, and took a really long nap on the couch this afternoon! This morning's Career Day went really well and it is always nice to have that reminder of why I love what I do. I stepped slightly out of the box and entered a contest over at My Charming Kids even though I left a very goofy answer that was so far from right that hopefully it was at least humorous :o)
I had an option to have tomorrow off, but I decided to go ahead and go to work. I pretty much sat around all day long and have no plans for tomorrow. I am not sure I could sit at home for another day since I'm fairly certain that I would not be any more motivated to clean tomorrow than I was today. Also, I feel a little bad that I moved from yesterday making an "extra nurse" tomorrow, so I kind of already got my day off. Someone else may actually have something to do or want to spend time with their husband and/or kids on a Saturday and I should not keep them from that :o)
Good night.
I had an option to have tomorrow off, but I decided to go ahead and go to work. I pretty much sat around all day long and have no plans for tomorrow. I am not sure I could sit at home for another day since I'm fairly certain that I would not be any more motivated to clean tomorrow than I was today. Also, I feel a little bad that I moved from yesterday making an "extra nurse" tomorrow, so I kind of already got my day off. Someone else may actually have something to do or want to spend time with their husband and/or kids on a Saturday and I should not keep them from that :o)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment