I decided that it would be fun to participate in "Pink and Brown Day" to celebrate Gwyneth's First Birthday as suggested by her dad in this post . Yesterday, I went to my favorite clothing store and told the girl who helped me that I needed something pink and brown to wear to celebrate a birthday. Of course, I didn't happen to mention that I don't actually KNOW the child celebrating the birthday...
Anyway, I am pretty sure I found my way to "the CF Husband Blog" close to this time last year (not sure if I found it BEFORE or AFTER Gwyneth was born). I have mostly followed "from afar" (I suppose that means "lurking") but have left a comment here and there. I was drawn to the story because I have taken care of patients with CF, taken care of transplant patients, and taken care of premature babies (after they are out of the NICU, most of them are ones who have had complications because of their premature birth). Plus, I thought it was sweet that it was written by a "husband" and "dad". (As IF I need to explain...there are 1125 "followers" of that blog and there has been millions of hits...I'm not the ONLY one!)
I had someone take a couple pictures of me in my "pink and brown". None of them were THAT bad, but I chose my two favorites. Art is not my strong point, but I thought it would be fun to write a little birthday note as well. Happy Birthday Gwyneth!
_____________________________
In other "Just Me" news...today was "day two" of my little diet thing and I pretty much feel like cr--. I am hungry and tired...PLUS I had to go to a PIZZA party where there were tables full of CHOCOLATE...not my idea of fun at all. My friend assures me that I will have lots more energy and feel a ton better...I cannot see the light yet and am not sure I quite believe her. Tomorrow I have to go to work and it is my first of the days where you only drink and don't eat real food. That should be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment