Well, they were offering bonus pay to work today. Since I've been complaining about my finances and wishing there were bonus shifts available, I decided to take it...even though that makes me work four days in a row. I hardly EVER work three in a row because it can be pretty exhausting, and FOUR days in a row is pretty much unheard of (at least on my floor). However, I decided it would be fine, and worth it when my pay check comes.
Unfortunately, the past week I seem to have become "the mean nurse". That is not something I like AT ALL! The first time it was mostly joking and the person who said it actually was meaning that I had become more assertive and it being a "good thing". Yesterday, though, it came from a patient and a parent. Even though what I said was, in fact, true, I am certain there was a much nicer way to say it (and, as the physician informed me, probably did not need to be said at all). I'm pretty sure things got all "smoothed over" and I was not "fired" from taking care of any patients, but it did feel pretty crappy. I made a valiant attempt to redeem myself today and hope I succeeded! It seems like "everyone" on my floor is looking for other jobs. I'm totally not to that point, but I guess the frustrations all around can unfortunately be taken out in the wrong places. Also, I'm thinking that "dieting" (or whatever exactly I did for those nine days) was not for me. Having that donut this morning made things ALL better! I AM still going to try and work on portion control and choosing healthier foods, but cannot get to the point of feeling starved and deprived...apparently that makes me become mean and crabby!
Anyway, I'm back to work tomorrow for my fourth day in a row, so I think I'll head to bed early. Maybe I'll finish my book, or at least get a bit read. I start a new Bible study on Tuesday, so it would be nice to only have one thing to read!
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment