Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Catching Up

Not really on HOUSE WORK...now that would be a silly thing to do on a day off! (I will say that I did more stuff around the house than I did, say, YESTERDAY, but "catching up" would not be the correct words for that!)

No, today I was able to catch up with a high school friend I hadn't talked to in a long time. She lives out of the country and actually called me while I was in the middle of working out. I DID finish my work out when we were done chatting (good thing considering what I decided to eat for dinner, but that's a different story!) I was supposed to meet a work friend for lunch, but she had to cancel last minute because something came up at work. So, when I got home from work, my high school friend and I "facebook chatted" for hours I think :o) I had no idea what had been going on there with her but it is nice to know so I can send some extra prayers her way(if you are reading this...love and miss you!)

I pretty much doubled the number of songs in my "Play List" and am pretty happy with my choices :o) It is a nice variety, and I think I took at least one song from each of the playlists of my "blog friends" (thanks ladies!) There are definitely some "blasts from the past" (Now and Forever was our "class song" and people seemed to ALWAYS use either "Unanswered Prayers" or "Angels Among Us" for their prayer in religion class; Mariah Carey's "Hero"...definitely a blast from the past; and even though part of it is cut off, I like the choice of the version of "My Heart Will Go On" with clips from the movie...oh high school! "Wind Beneath My Wings" has a special meaning for me...ahh, Beaches is a Classic!) and also some songs I have come to enjoy and appreciate much more recently. Now, Emily, this does not mean that I will no longer come visit your blog just to listen to your tunes :o) (By the way, a big YAY for a healthy Abigail on ultrasound today!)

Since I was in "Blast from the Past"/"Catching Up" mode, I found these pictures of my best high school friends (from our "Carefree College" days!) I miss our "Fifteen Feet of Fun"...wishing we could just "hang out" (tonight, my dad just happened to mention that they were thinking about going to Vegas for my birthday in October...and, by the way, it would be fun if I was there too...isn't that just like my parents to keep me "in the loop"?!) Turning thirty in Vegas does sound kind of exciting...I'll keep everyone posted!







Well, my dad and I were successful at the races tonight...enough to pay for our dinner (and a couple drinks). Unfortunately, I was craving greasy food and decided to just go ahead and eat the gigantic plate of French Fries dipped in ranch dressing. My body is now rebelling and is very angry at that choice, so I may actually take the day off tomorrow if it is offered to me (they called tonight to "check" if I would be interested...I left it at a "maybe"...)

Maybe "early to bed" isn't a bad idea. I did do three loads of laundry today and ran the dishwasher, so wasn't COMPLETELY unproductive (and, socializing with friends is not a wasted day in my opinion!)

Good night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails