It's official! Not only will I be in Nashville (well, near there) for four days in late April (any chance, I'll be able to recreate this?! That would be "pretty sweet"!), but I now have a ticket to the 'Burgh! Hopefully Ginger won't regret telling me "you can stay as long as you like" because I'll be there for four full days and five nights...she may have to "turf" me two doors up to Lauren's for a couple of them ;o)
I am looking forward to more of the kind of laughter that came both when this picture was taken and when we saw what the picture looked like (sorry Ging, this IS my blog...ha!)
Fun times like this (yeah, I am not good at posing for pictures...gotta work on that!)
and enjoying each other's company.
Of course, I also can hardly wait to meet their husbands...and the kiddos. I'll make sure to bring some "Depends" because those girls made me laugh SO hard that I can't imagine what will happen when their husbands are given the opportunity to take turns making fun of me! AND...it would be awesome if I could finally meet Kristy and her family, especially since I'll be in the area when Baby Hope turns one...wow!
I ♥ the technology that brought us together, and I ♥ that I only paid $10 for each trip...of course, that took LOTS of credit card spending, but still awesome if you ask me! More money for food and fun while I'm there--yay!
Well, back to work tomorrow, so I'd better head to bed. For the first eight hours today, I felt like a "top" spinning round and round from room to room, patient to patient, doctor to doctor...it was NUTS! However, when 3:00 came, I didn't have ANY patients on the floor since one went home and two were at procedures. That was nice. It was a weird day, too, because one of the employees who has been there a long time got fired today. It is SO sad because my take on the situation (from the outside having gotten no details about what happened) is that this person was great at the job they were supposed to do, and took pride in that. They weren't too happy with the way OTHER people were doing things and finally snapped...and was fired for questioning leadership. Of course, I have no clue how it all went down, and it was totally hush-hush except for the fact there was security monitoring my area, someone asked for empty boxes, and later a cart filled with boxes left the unit...hard NOT to be curious/nosy when those things are going on! It will be interesting to see if people are talking about it tomorrow...I'd definitely be curious to hear both sides of the story.
My head is no longer sore...yay! Hopefully that will be the only time I need to get treatment for those cysts!
Okay, time for bed.
Good night :o)
I ♥ the technology that brought us together, and I ♥ that I only paid $10 for each trip...of course, that took LOTS of credit card spending, but still awesome if you ask me! More money for food and fun while I'm there--yay!
Well, back to work tomorrow, so I'd better head to bed. For the first eight hours today, I felt like a "top" spinning round and round from room to room, patient to patient, doctor to doctor...it was NUTS! However, when 3:00 came, I didn't have ANY patients on the floor since one went home and two were at procedures. That was nice. It was a weird day, too, because one of the employees who has been there a long time got fired today. It is SO sad because my take on the situation (from the outside having gotten no details about what happened) is that this person was great at the job they were supposed to do, and took pride in that. They weren't too happy with the way OTHER people were doing things and finally snapped...and was fired for questioning leadership. Of course, I have no clue how it all went down, and it was totally hush-hush except for the fact there was security monitoring my area, someone asked for empty boxes, and later a cart filled with boxes left the unit...hard NOT to be curious/nosy when those things are going on! It will be interesting to see if people are talking about it tomorrow...I'd definitely be curious to hear both sides of the story.
My head is no longer sore...yay! Hopefully that will be the only time I need to get treatment for those cysts!
Okay, time for bed.
Good night :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment