I am coming off a stretch of three days off. I really think I should have made a "to-do" list. Even if it was a list of things that were not done, I would be able to see the things that WERE done (things that were not that should have been, include vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, clearing off my table/couch...) But, it is what it is...and something to work on (maybe I will make a to-do list for Saturday or the days I have off next week!)
This afternoon, I met with my Spiritual Director (I guess I can call her "my" spiritual director even though this was only my second time to meet with her for that reason!) She started to mention something about praying in silence and it was "downhill" for there and I never stopped talking long enough for there to be a moment of silence...oops! I think I need to work on quiet/silence/being still! Something to work on for Lent I guess...one of the many "somethings". I was able to do a lot of "reflecting" during our time together and am looking forward to our next meeting. (If it wasn't late and I didn't actually have to go back to work tomorrow, I would probably go into more detail, but it was really nice...getting to meet with TWO people in one week whose job it is to listen to me is pretty cool...ha!)
I sort of rushed through my Ash Wednesday reading and just skimmed through today's. Today's reflection was called "Suffering and Redemption" and based on Luke 9:22-25. Peeking at tomorrow, it is a reflection based on Matthew 9: 14-15...I need to work on setting aside time to read the verses AND the reflection (it's only "day two" and I've yet to really set aside time to read the reflections, so this will be a work in progress!)
Exciting to watch the US win more medals tonight :o)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment