I got this quote in my "inbox" today--
"If there were one word that could act as a standard of conduct for one's entire life, perhaps it would be 'thoughtfulness.'"
~Confucius--Chinese Philosopher and Teacher
I liked this especially because, more than a couple of times, I have been told that I am "the most thoughtful person"...guess I'm simply doing what "Confucius Says". ;o)
I agree that thoughtfulness makes a huge difference in good times and in hard times. I love sending cards, especially Hallmark ones (If I was more creative, I totally would want to work at Hallmark because they are the best! They have cards for EVERYTHING!) At a risk of sounding conceited, I also would have to agree that thoughtfulness is a gift that I have been able to use well. I pay attention, and usually am pretty good at remembering important incidents/dates (I will admit to be slacking a bit in that department recently...not really in the "remembering", but in doing something to let others know that I am remembering.)
There probably is a whole long post I could write about thoughtfulness, and maybe I should have just left it at the quote without any discussion. But, it is what it is...
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment