I picked up flowers before I went to pick up Ginger at the airport. I thought we'd both be able to enjoy them while she was here, but we ended up not being home very much at all (and she NEVER sat in any of my kitchen chairs...at least I don't THINK she did!) I snapped a couple pictures of them this morning while she was getting ready to go. They look like they will last a while, so that will be nice for me :o) It WAS really funny though when I was standing on the other side of security waiting for her with this bouquet of flowers. She was sitting in the back of the plane, so I saw lots of people before I saw her. A number of people (mostly men) asked if the flowers were for them and I began to wonder if it was really weird to bring flowers when you were picking up your friend at the airport...so, I attempted to sort of hide them/make them not as conspicuous until I saw her. Of COURSE she liked them and didn't think I was weird at all for bringing them (at least she didn't admit to that...ha!) so that was good :o)
This is one of only four pictures that were taken of us this weekend (so, there won't be a slide show this time...). Crazy that a photographer and a girl who likes taking pictures managed to get so few pictures, but at least we have a couple. This was taken last night when we were visiting my aunt and uncle. We actually both bought our shirts in Chicago (this post also gives a little "how we met" synopsis...as well as stories from that fun weekend) and that was the first time I had worn mine SINCE Chicago (it did not look right on me any of the times I had tried to wear it in the mean time...guess it only looks good when Ginger is around...ha!)
My sister (and me, I guess) arranged for Ginger to do some photography sessions while she was in town. While coming to see me is a good enough reason to head this way (LOL), we figured if she could make a little bit of money it would be an even bigger incentive to hop on that plane and come visit :o)
On Thursday, she took photographs of my nephew and my sister's nephew who is six weeks younger. She also photographed my sister's friend's family (their baby was REALLY sick a few times this year but doing a lot better). Friday night she took my sister's family Christmas pictures, and Saturday afternoon she did fall/Thanksgiving pictures for my brother-in-law's sister and her family. Confused?! Anyway, my first wave of tears came during the session yesterday. I was just overcome with emotion watching Ginger work with the 5-year-old half-brother of my sister's nephew (ha...hopefully I can follow this when I re-read it!) It was just SO sweet to see that interaction, to see how he trusted her...I guess, it was kind of like seeing what I hope people see when I work with my patients. It really was a beautiful and special and emotional and that sounds really weird but I have no other words...
There is so much more I want to write, so much more in my heart and in my mind, but I do have to go back to work tomorrow for the first time in nearly a week...so, I suppose I will end this "partial post" with a picture I took of my nephew today. He is getting SO big :o)
Good night.



No comments:
Post a Comment