Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I knew it!

I already knew I had amazing friends...even before I started this blog, even before I wrote that post on Sunday. However, it still is a pretty awesome feeling to know that this little blog has brought such amazing people into my life. God surely has blessed me more times than I could even begin to count, but I never guessed that the He would use the Internet this way :o) Because of God working through this here blog, 24 days from now, I will be hanging out with Ginger in "the Windy City"! Is that awesome or what?!

I also have an amazing family...I actually let one of my cousins in on my "secret blog" today. She assured me she would keep my secret and it was really great to have someone else take a look at the things I have written to make sure I haven't broken any privacy laws :o) This cousin actually has three younger sisters...one is married and another is engaged, so she was able to relate to my "birth order issues". Even though both of us are VERY happy with the way our lives are right now, those other feelings still have a way of creeping in. I haven't talked to her in a LONG time since she lives halfway across the country (thank goodness for facebook...ha ha!)

Even though I do my share of venting about my mom and sister, they really are terrific people. I wouldn't be the way I am today without them. My mom cares about me SO much (and is very protective of me!) My sister is REALLY sweet and has grown up a lot. Even though she seems to have been "debilitated" by pregnancy, she actually isn't whiny about it...that's just how it is (not exactly how I hope I will be, but at least she is not whiny because that would not be cool!) It's been a while since I posted a sister picture...too bad I didn't get one of her full body, but this actually is a good picture of us :o)



Tonight was my second softball game (can I tell you how excited I am that I found that baseball background?! LOVE it!) Hopefully my body will not be as much in shock tomorrow as it was last Wednesday! I got a hit. I had an RBI. I caught two fly balls (remember, I play catcher), and participated in a double-play by tagging a girl out at home and throwing to third to get a girl tagged out there (also almost got someone into a pickle but am not QUITE that confident in my throwing arm!). This is what happened to my pinky finger during the double play...ouch! (yes, I know I should not bite my fingernails, but have been doing that for probably 25 years so...)



Yes, that stung a bit, but I got my hit AFTER the "injury", so it wasn't ALL bad (I do already have a bruise on the tip, but it hasn't stopped me from typing...ha!) We were losing by quite a bit, but came back with a few runs and made some good plays in the field. We do not practice and are still getting the rust out, but I think we will have more wins than last year...we will definitely have as much/more fun!

I mowed the lawn, I washed my summer clothes, I finished emailing the agenda for my Thursday meeting BEFORE I started typing this, I did a load of dishes...I suppose that isn't TOO bad considering it was fairly close to noon by the time I rolled out of bed...ahh, the joys of living alone and working three days a week :o) Maybe tomorrow I can tackle some of the clutter (now that the agenda has been sent, I don't have to worry about that!)

On another note...a patient I mentioned here a couple times (like, last summer, and again about 6 months ago) is very sick once again. I actually never did have permission to post her picture, so I will not do it again. However, she and her family could definitely use your prayers. Two children have passed away this past week and it just has to be SO hard sitting there in the ICU with your child knowing that she could very well be next, while hoping and praying God still has plans for her here on earth. Also, the mother of my aunt in California has suffered some bad complications after surgery and will be taken off life-support tomorrow. My cousins will be coming in town later this week. She had not been ill, so this is quite a blow to them.

To all who read...thanks for being such awesome friends :o)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

I have to agree, you do have awesome friends! :) Sorry about your finger.... OUCH!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails