Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, May 15, 2009

That is crazy!

So, I posted my last post in Kelly's Show Us Where You Live tour (even though it was definitely a stretch for me!) And, apparently, I was correct in thinking that would bring "extra traffic" to my blog. My trusty little site meter tells me that my average daily visits is 6, yes SIX, that would be less than 10. As of post time, there have been 358 "documented" visits to my blog today...um, yeah, about 60 times the average number.

That, my friends, is CRAZY (and, if I was not recovering from working a 12 1/2 hour shift after sleeping for five hours, I probably would say that thinking about this made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...but, I'm too tired to care too much right now)! Of course, two days from now I will return to having my handful of friends who regularly visit and all will be as I like it. But, I suppose it is fun to feel popular...for one day I'm okay being "popular" in the blogging world...then, I think I'll be ready to go back to being "Just Me".

Well, I'd better get to packing since I need to figure out what I'm going to wear to the graduation tomorrow and drive to my aunt and uncle's house for the night.


1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

You are too funny!:) I sometimes get down when my comments are slow, but am so thankful that I do not have one of those crazy sites like a reality TV show. I would feel too guilty not getting back to people. I do love my boring life as it is:) Love you Amanda and have a great weekend.

Love and Hugs, Laurie
PS. Two of those visits besides this one were mine. I came back to check out the rocking chair and I think it is perfect in the room. The sentiment outways fashion any day:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails