On Thursday, I was SO tired after my trip to the Zoo and knew I needed to work up some energy to get the lawn mowed (the grass would have been closer to my knees than my ankles if I had waited much longer!) Thinking I drink so much coffee that I may be immune to the caffeine, I stopped and got a white chocolate mocha after mailing a package. There is a new coffee shop by my house and they were giving away free 12 oz drinks. Even AFTER mowing the lawn and doing a few other things, I could not get myself settled down to go go sleep. It was after 12:30 by the time I went to bed and my alarm was going off at 5:30 for work...ugh! I'm not so fun to be around when I am tired...luckily, Friday ended up being a good day at work and reminding myself that I only had two more days of work this month definitely helped keep the crabbiness from setting in.
Yesterday, I rode with my cousin to another cousin's graduation two hours away. The graduation ceremony lasted 2 1/2 hours. We ate lunch and then I rode the two hours home. Riding in the car makes me VERY sleepy, but I did manage to stay awake for most of the drive. I did a couple things at home before heading to yet another cousin's softball game. The coffee shop was still having their free 12 oz deal, so I stopped there on the way to the 6:30 game. After the game, I went to a party for a couple hours. I left there before 10:30 because I had to work again today. I thought I would be EXHAUSTED by then and head straight to bed! Yet again, the "second wind" (aka caffeine?!) set in and it was after midnight by the time I was able to relax enough to fall asleep (which is SO weird since typically I can sleep any time any where!)
Work was good today. We don't have very many patients right now which is great for the kids and families, but also means we don't need as many nurses working each shift. So, I ended up getting to leave work early today. After dinner, my mom, sister, and I went to visit my sister's friend's baby in the hospital (she is the friend who hosted my sister's baby shower). A little over a week ago, she had emergency heart surgery. Last Monday, she went into cardiac arrest and was on a sort of heart-lung bypass machine for a while. They think she had a seizure a couple days ago. However, she actually looks really good. She is still on a ventilator, but did open her eyes and was awake for a little bit while we were there. She's a fighter that's for sure! She still has a long way to go to heal from this (the cause of everything was an infection that attacked her heart) and will always have the history of having major heart surgery. Her parents are doing okay and are thankful for all who have them and their baby in their hearts and prayers.
Well, even though I did drink an entire pot of coffee at work today...that was long enough ago that I'm going to head to bed early tonight! Too bad my house is a disaster and I'm leaving on vacation in two days. I have no idea what I'm going to pack because none of the capris/shorts I took out from last year look like things I want to wear this year. I'm also not sure what exactly we will be doing on this vacation. We are visiting family for my cousin's graduation, but the graduation is not until Saturday and the party is on Sunday. So, probably a lot of "hanging out" type clothes will be best (and maybe some work out clothes so I can go for walks/?runs...probably would be a good idea!)
Okay, I suppose I should end this before it isn't actually an "early to bed" night!
Have a great week! (My site meter is still going pretty crazy after my guest room picture post...I am thankful that it is making me laugh and not making me ill...just an FYI for all of you that if you want to bring a bunch of people to your blog, it's as easy as participating in a "blog carnival"...one little link and Bam! Instant visitors!)
2 comments:
I'm having very sleepless nights too. Sounds like you're so super busy!! I'm glad to hear that. Thank you for your emails, they're a gift to me, I love them!
I go away for a few days and you get all hopped up on caffine and stay up late without my help!! Have fun on your BIG vacation before our mini one!!
It's good to hear that London is doing well, i've been wondering how she's doing!!
We'll talk soon i'm sure!
Post a Comment