Today I had to go to a computer class at work. It was supposed to be a 4-hour class--ugh! But, it only took about 2 1/2 hours which was great! I did a little bit of packing this afternoon and pretty much all I have left is the stuff I will need in the morning (and my computer of course...can't pack THAT away yet!)
We only had 9 players at the 8:30 game time. You need 10 players for slow-pitch softball, otherwise you get an automatic out whenever that "player" comes up to bat. So, we had the mom of one of our players sub for us :o) It was REALLY windy, so the pitchers had trouble. We were SO much better than the team we played, but the three pitchers we used walked TWELVE batters, so it was a MUCH closer game than it should have been!
I play catcher, and twice the ball was hit to the pitcher with the bases loaded and she threw it home to me for an out. I LOVE getting players out at home! My first time up, I hit a little pop fly somewhere near the shortstop for an out...darn (I did hit it hard though...not bad for not working out in a while!) The next time up, I hit it into the outfield between left and left center and got a "stand up double"!! I can't remember the last time I hit a DOUBLE! Usually, I just run really fast to try to beat the throw! I think I may have hit in a run, but am not sure. At that point in the game, it looked like we were going to win by a lot, but the walks definitely did not help. One of my cousins ended up getting a really good hit to drive in the winning run...it was SO much fun to win! (I think we only won three times all last season and this was our third game!)
On the baseball front, neither of our new pitchers pitched today, but my team had a pretty good day. :o)
I'm hoping that my aunt and uncle have wireless internet and/or they give me the computer room to sleep in. I am bringing a couple books and some stationery so I can write some letters. I am looking forward to just hanging out and visiting (and my little side trip to Kentucky with my dad is going to be GREAT!)
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment