Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Friends in Need

I made it to my aunt and uncles with my parents and am looking forward to a few days without many plans. Not only do I get to sleep in their computer room, but they also have wireless...awesome!

I am looking forward to a few days with not that many plans. Tomorrow, my uncle, dad, and I are "road tripping" it to Louisville to see some horse races. That will be a lot of fun! The sun is shining here and it feels great outside. I'm thinking I may suggest an after dinner walk!

I have found that I have a hard time with vacations. I cannot just turn off what is happening elsewhere, especially when it comes to my friends. I do not think I could go away and leave my phone and lap top behind, knowing that things could happen while I was away. I know I should be downstairs helping my family make dinner, and I WILL get there eventually, but right now, my heart is heavy and that is when I use this blog the most.

When I turned on my phone after getting off the plane, I had a text message from Ginger asking for prayers. Her step-mother took a bad fall and the outlook did not look good. Ginger and I have become really good friends the past couple months and the tears are stinging my eyes as I type this. While I do not know all the details, I do know that I have witnessed miracles, and I am praying for healing.

Also, my "A-team" girl is pretty sick at a hospital near her home. Her mom is burdened knowing that a transfer back to my hospital is very possible. This means being separated from the rest of her family for who knows how long. As much as I love both of them, I love to love them from hundreds of miles away (and, if they DO have to come back, hopefully it is not while I am gone...I know, that's a little selfish...I REALLY would rather them not come back at all, but if they DO, then I want them to have a friend waiting for them!)

And, I heard that my friend who painted my guest room's son was going to be coming back for a check up in the near future. He will need a second transplant and it sounds like things are moving in that direction sooner rather than later. Transplant is tough the first time around, and even more challenging the second time.

I just checked my sister's friend's baby's web site and it looks like SHE is having a good day, so that is definitely an answer to prayers.

Well, my aunt just got home from work, so I better go say hello...that is, after all, why I am here!
Take care my friends.

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Have a great time while you are there Amanda. I hear your heart about your friends who need our prayers. Life just continues to go on moment by moment, day by day and it is hard to shut it out, though I don't think we would ever want to. I will say prayers for those you mentioned here. Have fun.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails