Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm a Winner!!

Three weeks ago, I wrote this post which mentioned a blog I had "rediscovered". The quote she chose for this week's canvas giveaway was--“God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.” ~Jim Elliot--I had never heard this quote, but it was appropriate for the kinds of thoughts I have been having. So many of my "blog friends" have already embraced this, and I am learning to try and think that way too. (Yesterday's contest entry also didn't have any requirements that involved thinking, so of COURSE I jumped at that chance!)

This afternoon, I was taking a little break from working (I had a MUCH slower day today which was much appreciated. I think I was the ONLY one who was "slow", so was able to help my much busier co-workers...hopefully they thought I was "helpful" anyway!) and checked my email/Google reader. I started to skim through the latest post on that blog. I NEARLY missed my name and my comment as "the winner" of the canvas. (Of course, I wasn't in the company of anyone who "gets" blogs, so I had to do all my celebrating internally until I got home. I could hardly wait to share my excitement with my "blog friends"!)

The "buzz" on her blog is that these canvases may start being for sale...or in some way be available to those who are NOT "winners" (I am grinning from ear to ear about being a "winner"...LOVE it!) In any case, take a look at the canvas that is soon to be mine. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone to take a picture of me with it.



(And, not to make light of her illness, but since Gitzen girl can't even breathe the outside air [but has an AMAZING attitude and has found wonderful ways of blessing people without even leaving her home!], I can assure my mother that there will be no stalking going on, even though my address was a requirement if I actually want that canvas to be delivered to my home...)

SO, it was a very exciting day for me :o) Good day at work (with free lunch!) and being a winner....Sa-WEET!

Ok, I should stop with the gloating before she changes her mind or something :o)
Good night.

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

YAYYY!! Congratulations on being a winner! Thats a great feeling!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails