Yesterday, I went to two out of three basketball games (I had to go watch my dad's team play during the second one). Today, I sat at the swimming pool for almost five hours. I'm definitely more of a "basketball mom" than a "swimming mom"! I have no clue how the whole "swimming thing" works and I actually missed his first race (or, I was there, I just had no clue which one he was!) The stands were full, so I couldn't even sit in the swimming pool area until I had been there for three hours (I sat in another room...had brought my lap top, but the wireless connection required a password--darn! I did call a few people and did a little reading...I didn't think to wear comfy shoes!)
Last night was the annual fundraiser at my high school. It was REALLY fun and my voice was hoarse from talking so much! I purchased a couple things and obviously had a great time visiting :o) The food was good too.
I don't think those "three strikes" bothered the kids any, though. I spent the entire day with the 10-year-old (the 13-year-old opted not to come to the pool and had a birthday party and the 18-year-old had school stuff to do). We went to Subway for dinner and played Sequence, Skip-Bo, Go Fish, and King in the Corner, so he can't say that I ignored him (although this whole "mom thing" does kind of limit my "blog time"...ha ha!)
I actually have to go to work tomorrow and the two younger kids are off school. Hopefully they find something to do and stay out of trouble :o)
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment