Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nature's Beauty



Tonight, I am feeling pretty sad. There is so much going on inside my head and all around me. I have no regrets for feeling so deeply for the people I know who are hurting, but I am not sure how long I will be able to stay strong emotionally. I have a feeling that one of these days, one of these moments, I am just going to explode emotionally and it probably will not be pretty. In an attempt to ward off some of the sadness inside, I decided to look through some of my pictures. Not all of them have made it back onto my computer, but I was reminded of some very happy times. I am not an "outdoorsy" girl, but every once in a while I take a moment to enjoy nature's beauty. While I do really sort of wish I was near the ocean, and the warmer spring weather would be more than welcome, hopefully the memories and the promise of an end to winter will help me through the coming days.

Good night.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Spring is just around the corner Amanda and I am anxiously waiting for it too. It has been a strange winter of the heart for me and I can't quite put it into words. It helps alot for me to have my grandkids because it lifts my spirits
to watch their innocence. I will be praying for you as this long winter comes to an end soon. If I could, I would bottle up some of the ocean and send it your way. Hang in there and know you are thought of and loved from way over here.:) Have a good weekend my friend.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Furry Bottoms said...

It must be in the air. I have been feeling incredibly sad myself and one thing keeps coming to mind. I need to get to the ocean. I need to find a way to get to a beach or some lookout point where I can watch the ocean in all it's natural wild beauty. That has always soothed my soul. Too bad it's a 4 hours drive away from where I am. *sigh*. Someday!

Hang in there. It's OK to feel sad. You know there is always something to lead you towards happiness.

Take care, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails