Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Me Does Not Me!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well, this would be the debut of "Not Me!" for "Just me" :o)

I did NOT decide to participate in Not Me! Monday! this week simply because there is a chance to win a really cool prize this week.

I did NOT go to the grocery store to buy "Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal" and "Steel Cut Oats" (and some "Bob's Red Mill Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Mix" for good measure) simply because MckMama said they were not only yummy, but healthy too. Because, that is just silly to take grocery shopping advice from a stranger, and I would never spend my hard-earned money on food that I have no idea how to use.

I did NOT successfully convince myself more than once this week that spending countless hours reading blogs and facebook status updates counts as "being social".

I did NOT declare (to no one in particular seeing as I live by myself) that I was "bored" when my arms were within reach of dozens of out-of-place papers, and fully aware that I had a sink full of dirty dishes, and clean clothes in the dryer. Nope, since I live alone, without any children or pets, and have four days off a week, I have a perfectly organized and clean house.

I did NOT go to a party honoring pizza delivery drivers...oh wait, yes I did (see previous post!)

Well, that is the debut of "Not Me! Monday" for Me...it was hard to think of things I did "not do" when I spend most of my days by myself and really, "not doing anything".

Oh wait, I thought of a couple more!

I did NOT try on five pairs of pants before picking a pair for church yesterday because I most certainly do NOT care a bit about what I look like. And, I definitely did not deem my choice successful when two people commented that it looked like I had lost weight.

It does NOT freak me out at all that by posting this on "Mr. Linky", my blog could potentially get more "hits" in one day than it typically does in an entire week...nope, that does NOT make my heart race and send me into near "panic attack" mode...okay, so it isn't THAT serious :o)

Until the next time...have a great Monday!


2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Hello!!! Yes, I am a strange, just so we get that out of the way. I found you through Mck's Not Me list, and I was intrigued because you mentioned that you live by yourself with no kids and no pets. I had always thought McK's Not Me posts were mostly for mommies. Thank you for giving me the courage to try a Not Me blog sometime. I haven't done it yet, but I intend to now! Thank you also for making me chuckle at your post about boredom but knowing you had so many things you should be doing. Been there, done that! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

okay so that sounded really weird. I meant to say Yes, I am a STRANGER. I am not just a strange. *embarrassed*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails