Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting a Check-Up

I have written about "the baby" many times during the past ten months. I wrote a post with links to some of my previous posts before he went home in November. You can find that here . At that time, I posted a little photo collage showing how sick he was and how far he had come.



(Sorry, it is teeny tiny here and I'm not sure how to fix that...it is much bigger in the original post!)


I told a little bit of his story last night at Bible Study. When I first met his mom, we became "fast friends" and I fell in love with this sweet little baby, even though he was almost too sick to smile. I trusted that God had a plan, but wasn't sure I was going to like it. In fact, I was pretty sure he had brought her into my life to be there when she said good-bye to her son. God had a different plan, an amazing one. She is a wonderful person, and, I suppose I should let the pictures show what God has done...



Good night.

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

This little guy is just adorable and I am so glad he is doing good. I love the way God prepares us ahead of the storms so that we can be there to help others. You look so darned good with an armful of baby!!:) I am sure you have been told this before but it is true. I'm so glad you got to see your little guy again. Enjoy him.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails