Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Much Better!

I had a wonderful day today, even though I did NOT rake my leaves OR do any cleaning of my house...still need to work on making that a priority, but I think I needed these three days to recover. I feel like I am ready to "jump in" to three days of work and then I'll get a break again for the holiday (lucky me!).

My visit went well...I have decided that the situation is not for me to worry about, because that is not why I am there. It really is probably the easiest job I can imagine, especially for the amount I am being paid. So, I guess I only need to look to this post, the next time I try to complain about it! I probably will miss it when I'm finished.

I had lunch with my mom, and my parents got their new washer and dryer. They are very excited about that! This afternoon, I went to a party at my aunt's house along with another aunt and two cousins. I rode with one of my cousins during the 30 minute drive and we had a nice visit. The party was fun, even though it was a clothing-selling type party with $100 being the average price for an item...SO not in MY budget, but it was a gathering of family and at least I was not expected to buy anything! We had dinner after the party. Then, I ordered supplies to make Christmas gifts for my friends and co-workers. I'm excited about that!! Supposedly, it isn't going to be that difficult, but I DID get the idea from one of my very creative cousins...so, we shall see about that!

I haven't had to get up early in a while, so probably should go to bed soon. This doesn't look like I did much today, but it just was nice getting out of the house doing out-of-the-ordinary things with my family. It probably helps too that my one friend should have gotten to go home from the hospital on Thursday, and another couple families I have been praying for seem to be having better days. I feel a lot better when the people around me are happy :O) Now, if only I could make myself NOT so sad when the people around me are hurting...oh yeah, that pretty much makes me who I am, so not holding my breath on that one! Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails