Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, November 16, 2007

Growing Up

Another "day off" was greatly appreciated! I did a visit this morning (it WAS hard to get up to go, but it is NOT hard work at all, so as my mom said "put your little violin away"). I had some "down time" that I planned to do some cleaning and DID actually pick up a couple of things, but would not call it "progress". I had an eye doctor appointment and decided to get new lenses for one of my pairs of glasses because they are nearly four years old. New lenses cost $200!! That is WITH insurance AND I didn't get new frames! Seems crazy, but at least I have a flexible spending account that had more than enough money left to pay for them. I then went at paid my house payment (nothing like waiting until the last day!). As you may be realizing, this was quite the expensive day (good thing it was "pay day"!). I went to the grocery store, and put gas in my car. I sent off my credit card and gas/water bills. I went to the store and bought a new queen size bed for my guest room, BECAUSE...MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND GOT A HOUSE!!! They have been looking for a while, and their apartment lease is up at the end of November. They hope to be able to move the middle of December, if the inspection and everything goes as planned. The bed that is currently in my guest room is my sister's from when she lived here. So, since their house has four bedrooms, they need it back. I got a really good deal, I think, and it is 15 months with no interest, so "manageable".

I guess "Growing Up" means lots of bills...but being a "homeowner" is pretty darn cool :o) I can't believe it's almost been a year that I've been living here by myself, in my OWN house. Love it!

So, I actually didn't go to bed early last night, and have another busy day tomorrow, so will try again tonight! I work Sunday, Monday, Tuesday at the hospital so REALLY should "rest up" before then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails