I pose that as a question, because "first" means I am assuming there will be a second. Being a single woman in my late 20s, I am forever being told about this guy or that guy, or questioned about my "singleness". In all honesty, I am comfortable living my "simple", single life. I have good friends, a wonderful family, and freedom to experience whatever I want whenever I want. I actually do not feel as if I am "missing out" by being "alone". With that being said, a very good friend of mine wanted me to meet a friend of hers. She waited at least two months in between the first and second times she mentioned the idea. The second time I decided to say okay. Tonight was the night. We had drinks and dinner and good conversation and he paid. We were together for about an hour and a half. We both said we had fun and should do it again. I pretty much have NO dating experience, so I guess only time will tell, and I'm just SURE that God has a plan for me and my life. He had quite a sense of humor this past weekend...
I wrote about my experience "puppy sitting" this weekend. I am still laughing about it because of the events that occurred leading up to that day. For WEEKS, I prayed and talked to God asking him how I could help that family. I thought about how nice they are and how much they were struggling. I wanted SO badly to do something, something very special or meaningful that would help a lot, but not be hard to do or cost much/any money (basically, not to be an "overwhelming" offer). I racked my brain trying to think of what little old ME had to offer. All I could come up with was that I am blessed to have my own home... So, after weeks of thinking and days of figuring out how to offer assistance, I wrote a note. In the note, I mentioned that I wanted to do something to help, and was open to suggestions because I kept coming back to my HOME. I said the mom could do her laundry here, use my kitchen, hang out...whatever!--she had an "open invitation" to my home. I never could have imagined that God would have planned to use MY HOME to house this precious gift for their daughter for a little over 24 hours. I guess that was the answer to my prayer, and maybe theirs too. Last night, this wonderful woman allowed me to bring her dinner and spend the evening with her and her daughter. I was there for about 4 hours! (I kind of feel badly that I stayed so long and so late, but hope she would have asked me to leave if I had over-stayed my welcome!). We visited and laughed (and I had tears in my eyes more than once) and I got to snuggle with her baby. It was a fabulous way to spend my evening (not sure if she would say the same, but at least I was some kind of company!).
So, two busy days and interesting/fun nights on my days "off"...two more days "off" before I go back to the hospital on Saturday, and they are promising to be packed and fun-filled as well.
Now, if people actually READ this journal, I may be able to get some dating advice, but for now, I'll just "go with the flow" and maybe I won't end up needing any...God only knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment