Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Serendipity

I'm on vacation and having an AWESOME time! It is late and I should either be in bed or visiting with my friend, but here I am. Here are some serendipitous things that have happened the past couple of days. My mom loves that word "serendipity," so I'm happy to use it!
  • On Thursday, I worked at the pumpkin patch. I was working at a place that I have never worked at before. I had to leave at 4:00 but the next person wasn't coming until 5. At around 3:30, I was starting to clean up things so it wasn't a mess. I went out the back door for the first time all day (I worked 9-4) and who noticed me come out the door, but my aunt! I had NO idea she would be there and the fact that she was there at that same time and noticed me is craziness (or serendipitous as the case may be!). So, she and my cousins came inside to visit me for a few minutes.
  • Yesterday, I flew to Texas and met my friend (and later another friend). We had a great time on a campus tour and other stuff...I will post pictures, but again, it is late and I should be sleeping! Anyway, we were at the bookstore and another aunt had mentioned that my cousin wanted a shirt. So, I called her from there. Now, the day before, I had her set aside a few pumpkin patch coupons in case a patients family was able to make it out there on Thursday. Apparently, she had taken down the tickets on Friday, but just so happened (serendipity, right?!) to be in the office when someone (I'm assuming those people...I haven't talked to them) came to the gate asking for coupons. Luckily, she knew the deal and was able to get them out again, but did not have time to meet the family (so, I'm not sure if it was really them!). I did get a cute shirt for my cousin, and am SO happy if that family did indeed get to go out for the day.
  • Now today, my two college friends and I went to Six Flags. We were there for 8 hours and went on 4 roller coasters and 2 other rides...it was NUTS there! We had just gotten in line for our second one and another friend from college who lives over two hours away, who we haven't talked to or seen for over a year and a half, ends up right behind us! How crazy is that?! Again, serendipity! So, we visited in line for that hour and a half and then again in the next hour plus line. It was great!

This has been a GREAT vacation so far and there is more fun to come tomorrow, but for now, I should either be social or sleep :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails