Well, pretty good anyway (I WAS working!). I decided to take whatever patient assignment was given to me, but told myself all through my shower this morning that I was NOT going to say anything about what happened earlier this year if I had that particular patient. For whatever reason, I'm not sure why, I felt the need to say something RIGHT before it was time to leave. If I could have waited TEN more minutes, I could have saved myself SO much embarrassment! It was so ridiculous, after having such a good day with that patient (even though I did have issues with my anxious/nervous hives once or twice that seem to come even when I'm not feeling like things are that bad!) that I decided to open my big mouth and a can of worms that had become a "non-issue". I'm thinking she didn't even remember what had happened, or so much has happened since then that it didn't matter anymore. I'm very frustruated with myself, but hopefully was able to "smooth things over" and adequately explained myself. The mom just gave me a "what the ****" are you talking about?! kind of look (although, not really because she is a Christian woman who is not the swearing type, so probably more of a "what is wrong with you?" kind of look).
So, overall it was a good day. All my patients had nice parents (who actually were there all day with their children...that doesn't happen very often!), no one was too terribly sick (although patient mentioned above required some extra monitoring and was still "questionable" when I left). I don't work at the hospital again until Wednesday...I think I can handle that!
Tomorrow I am doing a breast cancer walk. It is five miles and I'm hoping my fat a** will be able to do that (hard to believe I ran a 10K in April!). It's also supposed to be cool and rainy...fabulous!
At this time, the RED SOX have taken the lead...go Boston! :o) (That's the "New Englander" in me talking!).
Well, I'm sufficiently tired and ready to go watch the game from the comfort of my bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment