This morning I made it to Curves for what was, I believe, only my fourth workout in two months. Not only has my body been missing out physically, but emotionally too. I have been missing my social time, my time to talk about what is going on in my life. There, I find myself able to talk freely without judgement (or very little anyway!). The people there have heard about MOST of my issues and talking has helped me through them. I have been blessed with a great group of women, many of whom, I am embarrased to say, I do not know their names. Since I work out in the morning (not the early morning!), the majority of those there are either stay-at-home moms or retired women...both good groups to get advice from :o)
Today, I worked out with a woman I had not seen for a while (obviously, I've hardly been there to see ANYONE!). She has a high-schooler and a kid in junior high. We've had coffee a couple of times, and I baby-sat her kids for a few days about a year ago. She asked if I wanted to get coffee today after our work-out--for "fifteen minutes". I had a couple hours before I worked, so said sure. We ended up visiting for nearly an hour about all sorts of stuff. I actually told her things that I'm not sure I've told anyone...worries, fears, plans, ideas, goals, issues, etc. that I've been holding inside. I think they have been wanting to get out for a while but didn't know who to tell, or what exactly was going on inside. I am pretty sure I feel a lot better without such a heavy weight inside. She listened very well and basically made me feel like I am not crazy. She did, however, help me to realize that some things will just happen and I need to be ready. Wow, this seems pretty vague, and it is, but I am feeling better and that's what matters. I did listen a little bit to her, but did a lot of talking!
How grateful I am to have such good friends! I have many of these types of friends...friends I talk to a couple of times a year but we get back into "the groove" quickly and I am changed by every encounter. This is a great reminder for me, because I spent the rest of the afternoon "bored" (since I haven't felt like scrapbooking, didn't feel like reading, and definitely not wanting to clean!). It's "Biggest Loser Night", so I'm going to go get dessert with a friend...I know, I'm terrible!
One good thing about no one really reading my blog but me is that I don't get crazy nasty comments. I canNOT believe the things people are willing to write on other people's blogs! Today, somebody wrote on a blog I read of a chronically ill child. They wrote asking why her parents are putting her through so much, why they would take her to the best hospital that can care for her that is miles away from the rest of her family, why not just "let her go"...this was so hurtful for ME to read...I can't imagine what her parents felt. Luckily, they have proven to be very strong people and will not let the comments of one stranger affect their hope and faith.
Anyway, I better get ready for dessert!
No comments:
Post a Comment