but today I did my best! It was my turn to float, but luckily for me it was to PICU instead of to one of the adult units! It was, however, quite the busy day! Yesterday I was crazy busy running two hallways with my three patients, all three of them having "issues" at the same time...I was SO ready to go home and slept GREAT! Today, I "just" had one patient, but I was in that room nearly ALL DAY LONG! I do not know how I could have handled another patient, even though all the other nurses had two patients (they were VERY nice to me!). I gave two infusions that required vital signs every 15 minutes for over an hour plus multiple other infusions all while monitoring a fever, low blood pressures, high heart rate, high respiratory rate, junky sounding lungs...I SO don't quite know what to do with that sick of kids and think I MAY have spent extra time in the room just because I was scared of what could happen if I left! I do think that it was a good experience for me. It is good to see "the other side". I probably worked just as hard yesterday and I did today, just "differently". It shouldn't be my "turn" to float for a while, which is good, but I'm even happier that I don't even have to go back to the hospital until Monday! I think I'll enjoy my time off, even though I do have "plans"...maybe I'll blog about them!
On a completely different note, I'm hooked on "The Biggest Loser" for the first time this year. Now I know why my sister always cried when she watched it because now I cry too. I'm thinking it isn't that good that I like to watch it while I eat ice cream, drink beer, or eat microwave popcorn (or something equally as healthy!). I think that may defeat the purpose of the show, but I guess I have my own "issues".
Well, I may have a chance to sleep in for the first time in a few days, but need to go to bed soon to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment