Of course, there were times it didn't seem that great, but my life, for the most part, has been "great". I have learned a lot in my 28 years, especially during my past four working with chronically ill children and their families. Some of these families take each day with their child as a gift; transplant is often a choice they make to possibly give their child a "normal" life. I won't pretend to be like that, but
do try and remember that I
have been VERY blessed in my life. I have awesome parents, a terrific family, a job I love that pays my bills and allows me to have some fun too, good friends...and so much more. Sure, I spend more time reading blogs than I do praying. I definitely take more naps than I probably should. I eat too much, don't exercise enough. I have made choices in my life that gave me great experiences, but left me with less money...most of the time I do not regret that because those choices led me to so much more. I'm a year older, a year more experienced, a year closer to 30...I'm pretty sure only God knows what is in store for me this next year because I have no idea what my plans are.
Flowers from my friend in Pennsylvania...so nice!!(and very unexpected!)
I told my Grandma that I had nothing "Catholic" in my house.She and my Grandpa got me this print of The Last Supper.They also decided that when they can no longer have their Statue of Mary, she is mine. I almost cried (and, we decided that that won't happen for quite a while!).
28 ounces of Margarita for my 28th Birthday (I'm sure I gained SO much weight today! Out to lunch, out to dinner, over a pint of ice cream...wow!)
"Trick" and "Treat" wine from my sister and brother-in-law.My parents gave me a very nice card, money, a cute t-shirt, dinner, dessert, and my LIFE of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment