Being a mom is tons of fun, but things really are non-stop. I know that I have more "alone time" than most moms, but it is definitely a huge change for me (and, power to the stay-at-home moms...I'm definitely not cut out for that!) Even the older one who
appears to be quiet and shy has been talking to me non-stop (or looking at me to play Skip-Bo with her) so my blog time and facebook time and email time has REALLY been cut down. Even now, as I try and type she is telling me all sorts of stories. I know I need to listen, it is important to pay attention to her because that's what moms do, BUT the little one talks non-stop the whole time she is awake (thank goodness she takes three-hour naps...ha!) I love "my" girls and definitely appreciate the fact that they CAN talk to me and express their needs (and wants!) without crying (or whining) and they can feed themselves, don't wear diapers and sleep through the night! So, I guess this is just a post to say that I'm alive, doing fine, but the non-stop chatter and hanging out with the girls leaves me very little time to blog. It does kind of stink a bit because this is where I get all my craziness out and sort through my "issues". Their mom went out of town so their visits this week were canceled...visits are pretty much the only time I'm here by myself.
To be clear, this is not a whining post...the little one is adorable and actually is really good for her age (as in, USUALLY her ears listen which is awesome!) and the older one is a HUGE help--she does pretty much all of the dishes and cleaning and tonight even made us chocolate covered strawberries and cherries :)
Well, the little one apparently is in her bed but not asleep, so I ought to have a little chat with her. The older one keeps telling me stories and I'm only half-way paying attention, so should say good-night to my blog...I miss you :)
Good night.
2 comments:
Sounds like the girls are keeping you busy! Hope you're still enjoying having them in your home.
Yep, you are a mom alright:) I think you are doing a good job and the chatter of a little one can get on your nerves a bit. I know, my granddaughter Hannah talks to me non-stop along with Isaac:) It sure sounds like you guys are adjusting nicely though and this is a good thing. Have a great weekend and am praying for your work too.
Love and Hugs, Laurie
Post a Comment