Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not MY "green thumb"



I promise that if the seeds I planted actually grow into flowers, I will post those pictures too. However, this evening I felt inspired to take photos of the beautiful flowers that are growing at my mom and dad's. My dad and his neighbor dug out that pond a few years back and his neighbor is the one who does most of the upkeep (it is right in between both of their yards, so I guess neither of them can move!) I am not good at my "plants" but WAS told that the big orange ones are poppies (too bad the biggest one that was the most open had a missing petal...) I'm not exactly sure a collage was the best way to show my attempt at being "artsy" and using the editing features on Picasa, but I have not mastered posting more than a couple photos at once, so there you have it. Their yard has MANY more beautiful flowers and plants, but I chose to only walk about five steps from their back patio to take pictures and this is what there is...SO pretty! (I am not a big fan of peonies, so I skipped those...)

My sister let me know this morning that her plans had changed and if I wanted to get my hair colored, she could do it today. I have waited SO long to get my hair colored so was really excited! I thought maybe I would want to go lighter for the summer, but I am a big fan of "reds" and she had a "plan" if I wanted to go with violet and chocolate, so I went with that. Now, I had my dad take the first photo and I attempted to take one from the top, so I am not sure how much you can tell...it looks VERY cool in the light! Yay for having a sister who knows how to do hair...I paid for the color and then gave her $40 for her efforts (I did consult my mother to make sure that was appropriate). So, very good deal and a great new 'do!



My softball team played at 9:30 tonight...ugh, that is REALLY late! But, we won and I got two hits (out of three times at bat) I also am probably going to have quite the bruise on my left forearm because the shortstop whipped a ball home and it didn't quite make it into my glove...ouch...but at least it didn't bounce and hit my chin like everyone thought it did!

Well, since this is pretty much a post of "randomness", I figure may as well finish with a quote that found its way into my inbox today as well as the "minute meditation" that came on Friday...

"When you give of yourself something new comes in to being... the world expands, a bit of goodness is brought forth and a small miracle occurs. You must never underestimate this miracle. Too many good people think they have to become Mother Teresa or Albert Schweitzer, or even Santa Claus, and perform great acts if they are to be givers. They don't see the simple openings of the heart that can be practiced anywhere with almost anyone." ~Kent Nerburn

"When you reach out and touch someone, help someone, your hands are the hands of Christ still at work on earth." (from Where Earth Meets Heaven)

Good night.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Pittsburgh Hites said...

I like the collage a lot, and it all looks good together!! Your hair is GREAT, can I borrow your sisters skills? LOL, did you get it trimmed to, i can't tell from the pictures if it's the tilt of your head, or if you did get it trimmed!!
Put some ice on that arm lady!! OUCH!
On a happier note, my children slept until 8:30am today, horray!!! the bad part, it's cold and rainey, BOOOOOO
;-)

RAK said...

Hey Pittsburgh, I slept until 8:30 today also! (Too bad my alarm had been set for 6.)

Hair looks great! And congrats on the hits. The last time I played softball, I never made contact with the ball. That was a few years ago; I've been too embarrassed to try again.

Furry Bottoms said...

L-O-V-E the collage! I think you did a fantastic job of showcasing your artsy skills! LOVE your hair! It really looks wonderful! I wish I could play baseball. I never learned the rules. Right now, I just dragged my rebounder trampoline out and started jumping on it a little... and I am already sore. Am I THAT out of shape? Yikes!

Lauren said...

I love the new hair! Seriously, what a great choice :-) Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. Brian and I are blogging now...but I'm not too sure how to send you the link!!!!! We're teammelftanzarite.blogspot.com....I think..... I hope everything is goign well with you. I loved your posts about Chicago! I'm still recovering from the fabulous time! Have a great week :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails