Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, June 5, 2009

It Came Early



Yes, that 5:30 alarm came VERY early this morning. But, I actually woke up a few minutes before it went off. And, I PROBABLY should have rolled myself out of bed at that point, but I did not. I'm am "queen" of the snooze button and usually don't get up until 6:00 even though my alarm goes off at 5:30. Since I took a shower last night, I thought maybe I could push that "roll out of bed" time until MAYBE 6:15. I only live a couple minutes from work and typically leave around 6:40 to get there before my shift starts at 7.

Well, when I opened my eyes (after dreaming about being in college and getting my schedule/books/settled into my dorm/meeting up with my friends of ALL things) my clock said 6:25...Oh yes, I most definitely bolted up out of bed and got ready VERY quickly. It was a glasses and even less make-up than normal day. I did manage to flat iron my hair a little bit even though I forgot to turn it on after I plugged it in while I was packing my lunch.

I made it to work in record time and made it through the day with the help of much coffee. It also helped that my patients kept me busy at around 2:00 when I REALLY would have felt the need for "nap time"...

We have started to gather our vacation pictures together, but I am unsure how to turn those "shared" pictures into something I can post here. However, in light of my "timing" issue today, I did find one of Ginger or Lauren's pictures of a clock that looked like fun for this post :o)

Back to work tomorrow for more fun...gotta love weekend shift differential though...I think I can do this!

Good night.

1 comment:

RAK said...

You definitely are not the queen of the snooze button if you only use it for a half hour. I'm sorry, but I wear that crown. (Well, except for this week when I successfully woke up with my alarm on Monday and Tuesday, and then slept through my alarm Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Whoops.) My junior year of college, I had to get out of bed to hit snooze, and still did so for two hours. Every morning. Anyway, all I'm sayin' is that a half hour is nothing. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails