Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, April 9, 2012

Lots of Smiles Too

I realized that all I've been writing about (and talking about) is the drama with the teen and her living situation and all the stress, worry, and emotional days that has brought me. I love her so much and it has been weighing on me a lot. However, she and I do have fun times together along with the serious conversations. I've actually had a lot of good things happen at work recently, including taking care of really good patients and receiving lots of positive feedback and support from my Manager. My older nephew cracks me up and it was great to spend time with the little one last week. So, even though things have been tough, I am still doing things to take care of myself with lots of smiles and laughter too :)







The teen, the little one, and their mom went out of town on Friday to see extended family (they left the boys here...weird, but whatever). I've texted the teen a couple of times and she seems to be doing well. Apparently, they aren't leaving until tomorrow to come home, so she will miss a day of school. I'm interested to see if this has changed her thoughts on what she wants/needs at all. Hopefully I'll get to see her this week (before Sunday when her mom said I could take her and the little one to the children's theater). I miss her (but am SO grateful that last Tuesday, she hugged me tightly back during one of my 25 or so hugs...I can still feel it when I close my eyes).

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails