Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Keep Pinching Myself

This is going to be brief because I need to work tomorrow and it's already past my bed time. Plus, I'm thinking I won't be getting much sleep the next two nights because...

My friend Ginger is driving nearly 1000 miles to come see me (and photograph my new nephew...she is an amazing photographer and my sister is SO excited!) Yes, the same Ginger that I met through this here blog. My first "blog friend turned real life friend" that I met "in real life". She came and visited when my first nephew was about 4 1/2 months old and those photos of him are my sister's favorites. I went and visited her and her family when her baby was 6 weeks old. Two days after that trip was when the girls came to live here...and the next 16 months were crazy (as have the five months since then, actually!)

I'm hoping my sister and I will be able to get her enough other business while she's here to pay for the gas to get here and home :) It's going to be a whirlwind couple of days, but I am SO excited!

And, Ginger's friend Kristy, the one whose blog I read that led me to her could use some financial help. She and her husband were preparing to become foster parents when they received news about a baby all the way across the country whose mom was considering adoption for her son. After her son was born, she decided she wanted Kristy and her husband to raise him. You can read her version of the story here and find out about fundraisers/a giveaway here. They need to raise enough money for adoption before he is placed in a foster home in his home State and would appreciate any help they can get. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails