Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Quick One

Just got off the phone with mom. Apparently, 9-noon didn't quite work for her schedule/plans today. Nope, she wants her the WHOLE day when she gets her, none of this short stuff. I personally think that shorter visits increasing gradually would be better, but what do I know?! So, I guess tomorrow, I will bring her there at 9 and pick her back up at 9, bringing the older one there after school. I suppose all I can do is document, document, document. I have a feeling that the little one won't like being there with her mom by herself, but mom won't realize that and spin her behavior to mean something else. She said that the little one cries and is scared with the visitation workers and I've NEVER witnessed anything like that (hello, the girl talks non-stop in the grocery store to strangers and when strangers are around!) So, this transition to home is going to involve issues that I can't even imagine right now...and I'll have to make sure to keep my facts straight in case she continues to spin the truth to meet her needs and make her look like mom of the year. {phew, nice to have that off my chest!}

I sort of wish I'd been able to put my foot down and stand by my shorter visit idea, but she made me feel like crap for thinking that shorter visits with her kid would be better...shocking that she was able to spin things like that, right?! I suppose I shouldn't expect her kind words for me to last during this transition. Again, document, document, document.

And, the little one took a bath and is wearing a cute dress all in preparation for her morning visit...that wasn't to be. Good thing I didn't really tell her that she was going to see her mom today!

{sigh} I signed up for this, I signed up for this...

Time to play with the little one...now that we have all day together :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails