Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Friday, March 19, 2010

I Cleaned My Bathroom

I am now the "proud owner" of a clean bathroom (okay, so I didn't scrub the walls or the bathtub or dust...) It smells so nice in there...kind of makes me wonder why it took so long for me to do it! I also did two loads of laundry (and put SOME of it away) and unloaded the dishwasher. I tried not to freeze since it decided to snow and I opened my windows yesterday (had to shut them this morning and crank up the heat this afternoon because I was SO cold!) I watched a lot of basketball. I wore these slippers I bought that have little dusters on them around the kitchen and rubbed out all the water spots. I went to evening Mass/Stations of the Cross. I stared at my computer a lot. I played my piano. I may shred some papers before I go to bed since there are still basketball games on. I listened to music and bought some new music. For some reason, I was reminded of this song last night and have listened to it half a dozen or so times since then. I've heard it sung at weddings, but it's kind of a Lenten/Easter song as well.



I have to go with my parents' neighbors to the airport and drive a mini-van home. I am not used to driving vehicles like that and am not exactly sure about driving other people's cars, but at least the airport isn't that far away. I'm going to a fundraiser at my church tomorrow night. I was going to wear a dress, but it is very cold, so I don't know what I will do. I'm contemplating having someone do my hair and make-up, but I guess if I do my own, then I will have more money to spend on things like create your own ice cream flavor :o)

That was my day. Not QUITE as productive as it could have been, but I think I'll use the fact that half the time I was frozen to the couch wrapped in a blanket too cold to move ;o)

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails