Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, June 4, 2007

The after pictures...

...or, at least today's "after"...it poured down rain again this evening, so I imagine there will be even more growth. I wish I could have figured out how to put all the photos into one post. I also wish I knew how to make it into a slide show or something like that...maybe I'll have to solicit help from one of the bloggers who inspired me to blog! For now, this is about the 10th time I've posted these pictures, having to delete them each time because they kept showing up before the "before" pictures.


The first photo is the same area as the previous pictures. We (well, mostly my parents) made this last year after the bushes were taken out, but this is the most that has been planted there. My mom thinks it will fill in a little bit.



This is around the tree ring in my front yard. Maybe you can tell how much of a hill it is, so how much fun it is to mow (this isn't the worst hill!). I think these flowers had some issues with the heavy rain, but they look okay.

This actually is a close up of some flowers from the first photo. I planted these three gladiolas bulbs that were given to nurses during Nurses' Week at one of my jobs. I'm pretty proud of them! They are supposed to be red, so I guess I'll wait and see! (I don't even know what gladiolas looked like, so I'll be surprised anyway!)

I think these are pretty flowers on the side of my house. Again, I am no gardener, so have no idea what they are. I also took a photo of some other pretty flowers, but I'm pushing my luck at getting this many photos onto my blog in one day! I think I will have to get some help with this blogging thing because this is not very good use of space (wouldn't a slide show have been really cool?!).

Okay, I've been working on this for long enough and it's bed time. :o)

3 comments:

Shig said...

Thanks for commenting on by blog. It's such a small world, to think that you know someone who'd been on that plane. It's really terrible. Anyway, good luck with the blog...I'm like addicted to blogging now, I don't think I could go without it.

Anonymous said...

cOla, first of all, what is your name, i could not find it, and it´s nice and funny to read about your life. Suas fotos are also very funny. I´m from Brazil. Good luck.

Just Me said...

To anonymous...my name is not on here...neither is my "actual" location...that is done on purpose at this point because I have yet to decide what kinds of things will end up on here. I've heard of people getting fired, or not hired, based on what has been written on myspace/facebook/blogs... Anyway, I'm glad you find my page funny. Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails