Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Making Progress

So, I thought about this title earlier in the day, but now it has kind of a double-meaning. Today, my aunt came over and took away a bunch of stuff that was "in my way". I have been living "alone" in this house for 6 months now and have done pretty much nothing to make it look nice, let alone look like my "own". I got rid of a desk, a dresser, and about 50 boxes that were just "hanging out" underneath my stairs waiting for a "rainy day", or in the case of today, a very "windy day"! She also helped me weed my garden, as I have already proclaimed here that I am NOT a garderner!! How awesome is that?! Of course, I now have two chairs sitting in the middle of my living room that, at one time, did have their place in the living room, but for the last couple of months have resided in my "guest room" that actually has been the storage place for all of the junk that isn't hanging out in my living room. My mom told me tonight that I am not a good roommate. I would have to agree. I would not want to have to try and live with me right now...I used to get SO angry about dishes in the sink (guilty right now), clutter in the "common areas" (guilty again), laundry in the washer/dryer (yes, guilty). Luckily, I took tomorrow off (no hospital, no clinic, NO baby-sitting!), with hopes that my cleaning today will make me inspired to be productive tomorrow as well...we shall see!!

Wow, can you tell that I probably had the equivilent of three shots of tequila in the margaritas I had at dinner with my parents, my sister, and my future brother-in-law for his birthday. Yes, I'm feeling just a tiny bit "tipsy" at this moment, but somehow I think I am managing to fix all my typos...hopefully!

The "double" meaning of this title is that I GOT MY FIRST COMMENT!!! I can't believe it!! Of course, it took me POSTING a comment to make that happen, which I do rarely even though I read blogs EVERY day (almost!). And, I posted a comment about something that is TERRIBLY sad and I should not be getting any benefits from... Anyway, yes, that means I am subject to all the nastiness that seems to occur on blogs somewhat more frequently than I am accustomed to in "real life", but it's "Just Me" and I'm at least a tiny bit anonymous at this point, so hopefully the negative comments will be at a minimum! Besides, who can say nasty things about someone whose biggest excitement is a garden that is only thriving because Mother Nature is giving a nice rain at all the perfect times?! (I'm not tempting anyone out there!!)

Okay, I should close for the day before I write something I shouldn't. But, don't I have the opportunity to fix anything I don't like?! (especially since the one person who posted a comment is probably the only one who has ever read anything written here!) Yes, I'm still learning how to do this "blogging" thing...I think I have a lot to learn!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails