Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet
Monday, June 11, 2007
Why "Just Me"?
I decided I wanted to start a blog before I decided on the name. I knew that I wanted it to be anonymous for the most part so I can write about whatever I want and just be myself. I think in one of my posts, or in a comment, I mentioned that everyone has a myspace and/or facebook account and some employers use that information. I also have both of those and people I haven't seen or talked to in YEARS have found me on there. While that is VERY cool in some ways, there are some opinions/things I wouldn't want to put out there (especially if I wanted to complain about something or someone!). Right now, this is a good venue for me. I have been able to be myself, my crazy, sometimes boring, sometimes drunken self. This is "Just Me"-no reason to pretend I'm something or someone I'm not because of who may be reading. Of course, I hope that I would be able to "keep it real" even if it wasn't "anonymous", but this is a very easy way to do that without even trying! Someday, it may become difficult to remain "anonymous", but for now I really like it! And, as the title of my post says "Do I have anything to say?" Or, does what I say really matter?! I guess if you like what you read, keep on reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl! Glad to finally see pictures of you and hear from you! I'm not really a 'blog' reader so this will probably be the only time I read them, unless you keep sending me the website...the pictures from the wedding look SO awesome! i liked the capitol in the background. man, i miss you! you need to come out here! i never knew you weren't over 5 ft tall..take care! the cali girl
Post a Comment