The first three years were mostly posts about work. In case I haven't written about it recently, I'm a pediatric nurse. Those first three years had a number of rough spells and that first year brought the first anniversaries of the deaths of some of my favorite patients. I wrote about the struggles of little girls named "E" and "A" who have come close to death more times than anyone could imagine but, by the grace of God are still on this Earth touching the lives and hearts of everyone they "meet". I wrote about a patient who is now 4 1/2 but was "the baby" for months on here as he struggled. I was "for sure" that God brought his mom into my life so I could be there with her when she had to say good-bye.
I still write about work sometimes, but nearly two years ago, I was given a new role as a foster parent and so I wrote a lot about that journey. "The teen" (M) was 15 1/2 and a much different girl than she is now. "The little one" (L) was nearly 3 and now she's about to be 5. They lived with me for 16 months and the nearly 8 months since then have been posts about the ups and downs of post-reunification.
I've been the "one date wonder", "dated" someone for about 6 months, and "talked it out" here as I struggled with being okay with who I am despite others thinking they know what's best for me.
I've met some amazing people during these five years of blogging...some of them even "in real life" and are now my "real life friends".
I gained a brother-in-law, two nephews, and some "cousins-in-law". I also lost my grandpa. I have learned that even though my family drives me crazy sometimes (and I enjoy having a "safe" place to vent...sometimes I have thought about removing some of those posts, but I like having it documented so I remember how I got through things), they love me and I am so blessed to have them.
I have taken vacations to California, Nashville, Chicago, and Pittsburgh.
This may still be a pretty quiet place, but I am definitely okay with that! I come here and write for me (because I have way too many paper "journals" that I already don't know what to do with and can't imagine having 5 more years of them!) I learn from myself when I take the time to read old posts. I love seeing how far I've come and reminding myself about things I did/the way things used to be. I am so very blessed and it's nice to have those blessings and reasons to give thanks right here on my computer...especially on days that aren't very fun.
So, a very Happy Fifth Blogoversary to me...I'd do a giveaway, but wouldn't know what to give away and that isn't really what this blog is all about, so sorry ;) My favorite candies are Bottle Caps and Hot Tamales in case YOU want to send me a gift...ha!
Here's to (at least) five more years of writing here and continuing to wonder if I have anything to say...
1 comment:
Aww...♪♫Happy Blogoversary!!♪♫ I've enjoyed chatting with you on here and Twitter...although I don't check in as often as I could/should! I can't remember exactly when or how I found you, but I'm so glad I did!:) This is so funny...my son's favorite candy is Bottle Caps and mine used to be Hot Tamales...until I got too old to handle the heat!;) Now I am digging Twizzlers!! I'd send you a gift, but I'd have no idea where to send it! Just know that I think of and pray for you and the girls often and I'm so very glad you're still blogging!! Have a fabulous day!
Post a Comment