Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Little Breather

I posted something on my blog every day from October 31 through December 3. After 34 days in a row, I took a little breather yesterday...and maybe should have refrained from posting today, but here I am ;)

Alece is how I decided to come up with "One Word" for 2011 (and I wasn't one of the "300 strong" who linked up). I am, however, planning to write a "wrap-up" post because I have been reflecting a lot on my word, even sharing it with multiple people this past week (twice today even). I have the next four days off, so I should have time to think about it and hopefully come up with a thoughtful reflection.

I am very much looking forward to these four days off, especially after the past four days I've worked (Wednesday, Thursday, yesterday, and today). Today was much better, even though it didn't really start off that great and I was worried it was going to be another day of running around without being able to eat or drink, but it was fine :) I even got to have a couple of "bold" words with the wife of the dad who has been making our shifts much worse than they need to be. I am thankful that I'm not nearly as shy, but I do need to watch myself...I do tend to get carried away, although dropping the "F-bomb" bright and early yesterday morning did get me some "interesting" looks from my co-workers (I don't really want to "be like that", but I am human too and some things really do irritate me enough to lose my cool now and then).

I am hoping that these days are productive ones at home, especially since the current plan is for the little one to come over for a while on Friday before we go to a play :) I need to check in with her mom tomorrow to see if that plan still works. My dad is coming over with his new drill to hang some pictures (and my mirror where I hang all my Christmas cards) tomorrow. I want to put out the rest of my Christmas decorations and send my cards (I've had them for two weeks already and need to know if I have to buy more since I didn't count before I ordered!) I think I'd like my teacher aunt to help me with some house projects during her Christmas break, but there are things I need to do to prepare for that too.

So, I have "big plans" for this week...and now they are written down to (sort of) help make me accountable (I am definitely guilty of getting caught up in reading things online/watching TV when I need to be up doing stuff).

Until the next time...good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails