I did quite a bit of crying yesterday, but like I mentioned yesterday (or think I did), they aren't all tears of sadness. I told the teen about the court order when she got out of school and reiterated that I will ALWAYS be here for her and reminded her that I am VERY proud of her and so blessed to have been given this time with her. She didn't react positively or negatively to the news and I think it helped that I left the house for a while after telling her so she could process without anyone else around. Both caseworkers called me back AFTER I talked to her (one was on "vacation" and the other was out sick). There already was a family team meeting scheduled for today at 10, so that was "perfect timing" :)
Unfortunately, I was scheduled to work today, so had to call in sick in order to attend the meeting and find out the plan. Me being "out" left the floor short-staffed which only made me feel guilty for a split second which is "progress" for me. I knew where I needed to be today and it was not at work.
While I was driving to the meeting, I thought I was going to vomit. I was the first one there and the meeting started a bit late after everyone arrived. It was immediately obvious that their mom had no clue the Judge had ruled her kids could go home and I think that helped a TON in how the meeting went. We were able to "chit chat" for about 20 minutes before it came out that her kids could go home. Thankfully, she was "on board" with a sort of transition since apparently she could have said she wanted them all back today and there wasn't much anyone could do about it.
The decision was made that their brothers would officially go home on Friday. Mom and the caseworkers will meet a week after that to evaluate how things are going. Then, the girls will go home (or, possibly the little one for a bit and then the teen, but none of this has been worked out). So, I will have them here until at least September 23 (besides weekend visits).
Tonight we had the opportunity to go to the last minor league baseball game (I think it was maybe our fifth one of the season :) ). We all had a fun time as we always do at sporting events :) I'm thankful that the relationship I have with the teen has not changed since I told her she was going home. She is still chatty as ever telling me all about school and her friends (yes, I know I'm lucky/blessed!) I would be VERY surprised (and really sad) if she doesn't remain in contact with me on a fairly regular basis. We talk all the time and I think she will miss that as much as I do (or almost anyway!)
So, that's the update. I have to work tomorrow, so better head to bed :)
Good night.
1 comment:
Wow, girl. Seems like such a long time that youve had them, but then again suddenly it's all over too soon.
I think you did an excellent job all around. I know there were times it was so hard, but other times when it was so good. This whole experience is going to bew ith you for the rest of your life. Cherish it :)
Post a Comment